Fort Lauderdale, FL
Electronic Technician with 5 plus years experience and possessing a strong background in testing,
troubleshooting and repairing analog, digital, and RF/ L-band radios to a component level. Overall
experience working with electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics and test code.
- Must be able to carry out complex technical instructions and test procedures in the testing, troubleshooting and repair of military avionics.
- Must have current knowledge and training on the use of advanced test equipment such as Spectrum, Network & Logic Analyzers, O-scopes, Signal and Pulse generators.
- Prior experience and knowledge of ARINC 429, 629, 664, MIL-STD-1553, RS-422, RS-485 protocols is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to isolate failures on customer units down to the SRU and another level down to piece part using manual and/or automatic test benches.
- Support Engineering initiatives and special projects designed to drive root-cause investigations improve on-wing reliability of products repaired at AAMSI.
- Experience working with FPGAs, embedded microprocessors, and microcontrollers is also a plus.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A currently active U.S. security clearance is a plus.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Basic computer data entry skills are required.
- Graduation from an advanced Military Electronics training program and Military Avionics experience is a plus. Prior experience in commercial sector (MRO, OEM) is also welcome.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet customer and contractual lead-time requirements.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with internal customers and be a team player.
- IPC-STD-001 solder training and certification is also a plus.
Please email your resume to HR@AAMSI.COM if interested in this opportunity.
back to careers list