Sales & PurchasingJob Duties
Purchasing Agent Job Description
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Core Responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships with worldwide network of suppliers and manage delivery schedules to ensure on-time execution and superior quality.
- Negotiate with manufacturers, distributors and resellers to support purchasing goals to achieve cost savings and timely deliveries.
- Achieve lowest possible cost for material, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, purchase order amendments, and acknowledgments for parts, materials, services, supplies and miscellaneous goods.
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other required documentation to assure orderly administration and retention of records.
- Maintain detailed notes and delivery dates in AAMSI’s internal ERP system.
- Communicate requirements and updates to internal customers, and interface with Sales, Quality and Shop personnel to provide order status updates.
- Maintain all open orders and continuously review for expedite and alternative sourcing solutions, in support of critical customer requirements.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Minimum of five years aerospace/aviation purchasing experience (defense preferred)
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Internet search engines and browsers
- Must possess strong negotiation and follow-up skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadline requirements, and handle changing priorities
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency (willingness to get the job done)
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate to achieve desired goals and results
- Creative problem solver
- Experience supporting international customers
- Understanding of Aviation/Aircraft/Military related terminology and applications is a plus
- Component Control Quantum ERP proficiency is a plus
- Minimum AS degree or equivalent relevant work experience
Please email your resume to HR@AAMSI.COM if interested in this opportunity.
back to careers list