Quality Control Inspector – Electronic ProductsDepartment:
Quality ControlJob Duties
Quality Control Inspector – Electronic Products
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Core Responsibilities include:
- Perform the following tasks with a sense of urgency: Receiving inspection, source inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, customer return (RMA) inspection, and customer repairs inspection.
- Ensure that products and related documentation meet workmanship, drawing, specification, internal and customer requirements.
- Ensure that each job performed is documented per inspection procedure and completed to the highest accuracy level.
- Perform or evaluate First Article Inspections and related reports, including customer-mandated First Article and Production Lot Test inspection and reporting activities.
- Witness tests and verify compliance to test specifications and evaluate test data results.
- Perform various types of data entry as part of product inspection and acceptance.
- Manage Non-conforming Material process to include collaboration with Production and Engineering personnel to disposition nonconformances accurately and on a timely basis.
- Work with DCMA QAR and other source inspectors as required.The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be
construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Candidates must have electronic product experience to:
- Identify and resolve issues affecting product configuration
- Accept production product work-in-process and approve for next assigned operation
- Ability to effectively operate and interpret basic electronic measuring devices
- A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
- A minimum of 5 years or more of relevant experience, including electronics shop and/or repair shop
- Knowledge of Electronic Static Discharge (ESD) standard S20.20 and compliance requirements
- Familiarity with BS9000 electronic components package requirements
- Familiarity with IEEE and IEC standards, such as handling, screening and storage of components
- Knowledge of single-layer and multi-layer printed circuit boards, surface mount and through hole
technology, analog and digital components as used in various avionics products and assemblies
- Ability to carry out visual inspections under normal conditions or high-magnification (10x to 40x) to
identify non-conformances on PCB (solder joints, traces, delamination, pin/socket integrity, conformal
coating, wiring etc.)
- Knowledgeable in counterfeit prevention and detection techniques
- Must have, or be able to acquire, operator certification for IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001
- Ability to define lot acceptance sampling plans in accordance with lot size vs. sampling size standards and calculations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadline requirements with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency, self-motivated and possess a desire to achieve goals
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with MS Word, Outlook and Excel, GageManager, and Quantum Control ERP Software
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory
- Employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, reach with hand and arm, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be ambitious and accountable
- Perform through cooperation
- Engage and work with teams and manage self
- Teamwork - Connected to the business, communicates openly, shares information and knowledge, networks internally and externally, persuades rather than pushes, involves colleagues, respects
- Responsive - Always reacts quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests, issues, e-mails or other events in a timely and flexible fashion.
Please email your resume to HR@AAMSI.COM if interested in this opportunity.
back to careers list